Sunday 27 March 2011

The truth about cheap flights

Somebody sent me the link to this video about the cheaps flight you can find on the internet. Song performed by Fascinating Aida.

Without subtitles (up to minute 4.10):



With subtitles



Notice the Irish accent: she pronounces all the Rs, for example, and the "th" / θ / sound is replaced by a regular /t/ sound.

Some vocab:
"Feck" is a softer variation of "fuck" as a swear word.

A "do" (noun) is an occasion, in this case, a wedding.

Tralee is a town in Ireland.

To "diddle" someone is to cheat them out of money, by overcharging, etc.

The "jacks" is Irish slang for toilets.

4 comments:

Laura R.F. said...

Wow... I had to use the subtitles, it was pretty difficult to understand without them.
I loved it! It is so true... They used to be a lot cheaper a few years ago but it is not anymore.
I'll try to buy a cheap flight to London in July (surely not in Ryanair).
Byeee

La Teacher said...

Ok, here's another one for you, Laura: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3so6AJe4UQ&feature=related

Laura said...

Oh, thanks!! this was much easier to understand! actually it was "super" easy.
Fortunately they still don't charge us for using the oxygen mask before dying...
By the way, I really liked the friki-video today, I love that kind of humour.
See you!!

Jordi Ese Erre said...

I just love it! I recently had a similar experience like the one they describe. Actually, I have it every time i buy a flight because I only do it by low cost (I don't know why they keep on calling them low cost...). I'll tell you about the flight, it's next week if there isn't any problem. Last year I suffered 5-day-delay because of the volcano named as if it were a Björk's cousin...