Wednesday 23 March 2011

I wish I could do that

I can't remember how I got to this video.

I've always been fascinated by trial: the balance, the precision... but this is something else.

The first video looks more difficult and the music is better (that's subjective I suppose, but it is), but the background scenery of the second video is breathtakingly beautiful, if you can take your eyes off the bike of course. According to the Wiki, the locations featured in the (2nd) video include Edinburgh Castle, North Berwick, wartime bunkers on the island of Inchgarvie beneath the Forth Bridge and a hydro-electric power station in the Scottish Highlands.

Google results: his name is Danny MacAskill, he's from Edinburgh, he's 25, and he's been doing this for more than 14 years, so if you're planning on taking it up, now's the time to start. Just a sec, I'm just imagining you all flying though the air on your bikes - now that would be a good class video for my course.

Well, there's no speech, just images and music. Enjoy!









And if those two videos sparked your interest, here Danny explains how to do a G-turn. It's all quite simple really.

No comments: