Tuesday 5 October 2010

Shweeb

What do we need? We need Shweeb! :D


What do you think? The revolutionary new ecological public transportation system. Look!


I especially love the happy girl's face in seconds 37-38. Of course we'd all be happy, travelling by Shweeb! We could imagine that we're in Futurama, except that we'd actually be... doing exercise, pedaling like mad and probably sweating like pigs.

But that's what everybody really wants to do, isn't it?

Well, the people at Google must think so, because they've invested in it, and they do tend to make lots and lots of money.

This won't be like the segway, which was also going to revolutionise transport and is now only used by American millionaires, rich tourists and security guards at Carrefour. Of course, unfortunate accidents won't help the segway's cause.

Shweeb looks pretty safe, though, if even blondes can use it. ;)

Read more about it here: http://shweeb.com

Can you imagine the traffic jams?

4 comments:

Laura Rodríguez Fortuny said...

Interesting... but as you said I think at the end we'll be all sweaty like pigs... looks comfy and nice but a bit "claustrophobic" for me... and I agree, the girl's face in second 37 is more than happy and still with make up so that means that she rode that thing after she got dizzy and swet... I don't think is going to be successful (even less than segway...).
Greetins!

Javier Belda said...

I like it!
Why can’t it be a serious way of transport? Only why the petroleum interest companies?
Of course doing exercise into this a capsule could be a problem, but what about of not doing exercise for ages into a metal and glass capsule?!
Concerning segwey I use one in my job at the Airport. I could see that is really true the topic of accidents, but I thing that isn’t reason enough for not seeing segweys in the city streets.

La Teacher said...

Maybe it would be a good way of moving around the airport. I can imagine the blonde girl with her luggage. :)

On a more serious note, you ride a segway!!!??? Can I have a go, pleeeeeease?

Javier Belda said...

I have to recognize. Maybe it’s not the best position for moving if someone is looking at :)
Better Segwey, but are you sure? There are approximately 4.000 cameras into the airport, is not allowed to fall.