Sunday 31 October 2010

Clocks back: sorry for repeating a video

Hiya people and good morning! I've just enjoyed a nice breakfast on the terrace, with trees and plants still moving a bit after last night. I wonder if the wind and rain have affected the Mir, not having a roof and that. After that thought I frown a little, because it's not funny.

Well, apart from freaky weather conditions, I got home last night just before 5, only to discover that the clocks had gone back while I was out having fun.

I've googled videos on the subject, but believe me, the most educational and informative is still the one that I posted last year. Sooooo, if you watched it then, just skip it, but if not, here you are. Having said that, I've watched it before, and I don't mind watching it again, so maybe you're weird like me.






Transcript:


This weekend the UK changes, from British Summer Time to Greenwich Mean Time.

Now this often leads to some some confusion, which is why we've made this simple educational film for you and your friends.

Now the first point to make is that the clocks will actually be going backwards rather than forwards. The easiest way to remember that is that it's Autumn, or "Fall" as the Americans call it, as in to fall back rather than spring forward.

Now what this means is that at 2 am on Sunday morning, old time, it's actually going to be 1 am Sunday morning, new time.

So that means for one day only you have a whole extra hour to do... well, whatever you want with.

So be selfish. Why waste it on anybody else?

Brought to you by Radox, official sponsors of the clocks going back.





Well, hope you enjoyed that (again). Now if you'll excuse me I have to start going through my cupboard to dig out something I can wear tonight at the punk halloween party I'm going to. I suppose the easiest thing would be to go as a witch. Luckily, that look isn't difficult for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really educational video!
As I'm trying to improve my listening, sometimes I spend my time in http://www.englishcentral.com
where I can watch videos(with or without subtitles) and record my speech (the programme provides feedback on pronunciation).You only have to register and it's free.What do you think about this resource?
Maite

La Teacher said...

Thanks Maite, you're right. I remember recommending this page once ages ago, but now I can't find it on my lists. I'll have a more serious hunt later, and add it if it's missing.

A lot of people probably won't bother to check it out though: having to register puts some people off.