Friday 22 October 2010

I should have taken photos

I forgot to take photos.

For those of you who haven't come to class yet, a bit about IES Mallafré:

Bad points:
  • My students tell me it's more difficult to park, although I didn't have a problem at 16.15 of course.
  • It's a bit dark outside when we finish.
  • It's further away and more difficult to get to for those poor souls who have to take public transport.
  • No nice Granja Neus opposite :(
Good points:
  • The building is more modern and pleasant to be in, unlike the Overlook Mir.
  • The windows actually open and close
  • It's quieter: no traffic or sirens or heart-attack-inducing bells
  • No "cicle" students: we're on our own there
  • The acoustics inside the classroom are better
  • The classrooms are better equipped. I mean, the classes ARE equipped.
  • You don't have to walk up stairs.
  • It's not so cold as the Overlook Mir
  • The architect didn't design it to look like a top security prison
  • It has a roof
How about coming and seeing it for yourself, if you haven't already?

See you!


6 comments:

analia said...

... I wonder if it's possible to park at 17? :)

La Teacher said...

Haven't you been yet?

analía said...

no, I have to go next monday.
thanks for the information you've told us during these days.
Your blog is better that the EOI's web.

Rosa said...

I think there is an idiom in English about something like lemons and lemonade , but I don´t remember well , it's similar "no hay mal que por bien no venga. It isn't?

La Teacher said...

Yes, Rosa, the saying is "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.".

However, in our case, as far as I can see, the new premises are on the whole better than the old. Don't you think?

Laura R.F. said...

Love this blog...
Analía, I've been there and we could park at 5'30. Close to the building.
And under my point of view I think it's definetly much better than the one without roof, especially the acustics and the classrooms in general. Toilets are horrible in both...
See you on Tuesday!