Wednesday 29 February 2012

Migraine headaches

Hi People!

I'm just writing this entry on migraine headaches, because lately I've been having them again, and the type that I get are "Migraines with Auras".

Migraines with Auras are different from normal migraines in that the sufferer gets a sort of warning before the actual headache. The Aura, or warning usually consists of:

  • lightheadedness or dizziness
  • blurred vision or visual problems
  • slurred speech (= problems speaking)
  • numbness or tingling, usually only on one side of the body, usually starting on the face.
As you can see it's quite fun, and I'm sure a lot of people actually pay for recreational drugs to experience similar effects that I get to enjoy free.

The only "problem" with auras is that once you start experiencing them, as you can't really talk very well, it makes it difficult to inform people what's happening, and they usually think you're either drunk or mad, or both.

Since I've been getting these auras lately, I'd just like to say that if I start acting weirdly in class it could be due to a pre-migraine aura.

You will probably notice this if:
  • I stop talking, sit down (or fall down :P) and don't say or do anything
  • start speaking in an unknown language slowly as if possessed
  • seem confused or disoriented (more than usual)
If this happens, please let another teacher know, preferably management (Jose, Vicent, Carlos, Yolanda V), as they know what to do.

Thank you!

You can read more about migraines and auras here: http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/m/migraine

Does anybody else get these?

No comments: