Saturday 25 December 2010

How to cook a turkey


On this typical Christmas morning I'm but one of millions (?) of people putting the traditional turkey in the oven to roast, although maybe later than most. I'm sure people in England get up early to do stuff like that.

I don't.

So, following the aforementioned tradition, the first thing I did this morning was go straight to the computer to google cooking times and temperatures.



The American pages (they have theirs on Thanksgiving) are no use as they don't contemplate turkeys of less than 4 kg, so I focused on British pages, comparing one and another until I found this:

It's so complete! Not only do they give all the necessary info about times, temperatures, how to carve it (watch the video) etc, but hilariously I discover that there actually exists a British Turkey Information Service, with a helpline! Ok, it only works at Christmas, but still. :D

Well I hope that those of you who have never tried roast turkey decide to try it one day: you have all the info, and a mouth-watering photo here to tempt you. The one in the photo isn't mine, as mine's still in the oven, but if we're not too hungry when it's ready and we don't fall on it like a pack of ravenous wolves, I'll try to remember to take a pic.

Hope you're enjoying whatever food you're making, the traditional Escudella, maybe? I could have seriously used a helpline whan I was making that yesterday by the way. Maybe TV3 or Gencat have one, come to think of it. But the end result was edible and tasty at least. :)




No comments: