Wednesday 26 August 2009

Typical English stuff

Hi everybody! I hope you're having a good end of summer. I recently came back from a couple of weeks in England with my daughter, and we had a great time.


Here are some pics:





































































Picture guide: photos taken in and around Chelmsford, Essex, (Springfield council estate, Great Baddow, Boreham, the River Chelmer, and a typical English breakfast minus the mushrooms), Maldon-on-Sea and Southend-on-Sea. The photo from the plane shows the typical scenery of the area (=East Anglia): fields and more fields separated by hedgerows and lines of trees, with some wooded areas. Most of the fields, where they mainly grow wheat and other cereals, had already been harvested. The weather was exceptionally good for England: it only rained once (shame!), and according to the newspapers certain crops were a month ahead of their time; blackberries too, by the looks of it.


Well, as I said, hope you're all OK and enjoying the last dregs of the holidays. Me for one, in order to try and forget Tuesday the 1st, am going up to the "festes" at Sant Pol de Mar this Saturday for a bit of free rock music.

See you!

10 comments:

elimd said...

Love the photos!
And I'd eat that breakfast right now! yummy.. haha

La Teacher said...

Thank you! You're supposed to eat that as breakfast, just after you've got up, not in the evening. Some people can't face it first thing in the morning but I can, especially when someone else makes it for you. :)

Alicia said...

Hello! Welcome!!

What lovely pictures! Cool weather, green fields,mmmm....
I agree with you! I can eat this breakfast after getting up (everything but the beans), and I'm so happy when it turns up on the table from somewhere (it's like the first present of the day...jeje)

La Teacher said...

Good morning Alicia! (I went out last night) What a nice present of the day for me too: a perfectly used phrasal verb from one of my ex-students, lovely! :)

Now for my normal breakfast: coffee, biscuits...

Desi Arias said...

Nice to read from you again !!!

Today I have come back to Vilanova from the Pirineos. I have been there for two weeks after being one week in Donostia, LOVELY !!!!

Tomorrow, uffff, work again :(

See you soon. Kisses.

Ps. I have to finish Dexter 3rd season yet. Sergi and Marti want me to play with them and I didn't have time to do it.

La Teacher said...

I know the e-e-end and you do-o-on't, na na na. :P

I have started watching Californication as a substitute but I still miss Dexter. It must have been true love.

Unknown said...

Welcome!! Great pics specially the breakfast one :-D
I spent some days in England too (Yeovil and Bristol) so I've eaten almost every morning this kind of healthy food...delicious!

La Teacher said...

Hey Monica!
I hope you haven't put on as much weight as me. Starting work again is bad enough; starting work AND a diet at the same time is simply hell. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely place to go on holidays next year. Some house to rent?

La Teacher said...

Hello anonymous! I stayed at my aunt's, but yes, I imagine there must be houses to rent. Chelmsford isn't exactly a tourist destination, but one day I did notice a bed-and-breakfast place (not a very nice one, though), so there must be some tourism.