Thursday 26 February 2009

Fleet foxes

I regularly fall in love with songs, and play them to death.

My latest "love" is this song, "White winter hymnal", by the Fleet Foxes.

There are many discussions on the internet about the meaning of the lyrics, but I'd suggest just sitting back and enjoying the melody. It's not my usual style of music, but it's SO pretty. Hope you like it.

Lyrics:

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

I was following the pack,
all swallowed in their coats
with scarves of red tied ’round their throats,
to keep their little heads
from fallin’ in the snow
And I turned ’round and there you go
And, Michael, you would fall
and turn the white snow red as strawberries
in the summertime


2 comments:

Desi Arias said...

Dear and threatened teacher,

It's for some months that we know eachother and after seeing your music style preferences :) I think maybe this one can be in your ipod. Enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwmj5nK3udU

In my opinion maybe you need to rest a little bit more or it's because of your bellyache that you post it. Don't you have any "normal" preference? Why not The beatles ?

Thanks for show me OTHER music styles in the world.

Wishes.

Your happiest student :)

La Teacher said...

:D Olé!

A lot better than the original (I hate the original).

Why doesn't he finish taking his clothes off?