Thursday 8 January 2009

My new year resolutions

Happy New Year everybody and welcome back to EOI-reality.

Personally I am physically back at work but mentally still a little bit on holiday.

How about you? How does the new year look to you? Are things going to be good/better/best this year? Are you going to be different: what are YOU going to change?

Just to give you a shining example, here are (some of) my New Year's Resolutions:

1. I will try to stop swearing as much, especially in class.

2. I will try to correct my students' compositions quickly and not let them accumulate in a big horrible scary pile.

3. Ditto ditto ditto students' reading book activities.

4. I will try to respect speed limits when I'm driving, at least within reason, and bearing in mind that what the speedometre says is probably 10-15km/h above your REAL speed.

5. I will try to lose 6 kilos before the Spring.

6. I will try to phone my mother at least once a week month.

7. I will try to keep up to date with current affairs via internet, since I've stopped watching the news and reading newspapers.

8. I will not use the class computer for silly things while my students are doing a test.


See? It's easy once you start! Now it's your turn. The "comments" section is all yours, and remember that reading and commenting in your teacher's blog counts as Attitude, Motivation, Interest, Self-Study, etc. points.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
How many resolutions!
I'm afraid I'm unable to think about it at the moment...
Definitely my mind is still on holiday, so I left my comment by the wrong way, ha,ha.( I sent an e-mail...)

Anyway, you're encouraging me to think about New year's resolutions again, because I didn't do any longer.I was sick of get depressed when I didn't achieve them.

May be this year I will try not to leave my clothes to iron behind in the same horrible scary pile as your students' compositions...
Besides, I will try not to argue more than once (It sounds unbelievable)a month with my teenager daughter!

That's not bad, is it?

SORRY!!! I almost forget the most important!!! I will improve my English ( a little bit of flattery to finish, ha,ha)

Anonymous said...

My first resolution:

1. I will try not to get angry when I don't know there isn't class one cold (very cold) friday at 19:30 under the rain. :)

La Teacher said...

Alicia: :D Flattery will get you everywhere. PS. MY ironing trick is not to possess an iron: it works every time!

Desi: Sorrrrrrrrry. I did hope to feel better enough to go to work; that's why I didn't tell you earlier. :(